Saturday, April 21, 2007

Now that's what I call exercise...

Once again, the weather was beyond beautiful today, so Josh and I went for a long walk. Not just long...but crazyass long. We didn't really intend on being gone for more than about half an hour, but we started talking about the adoption and other things, and we kind of lost track of time.

We got back to the apartment 1.5 hours later.

Afterwards, we went to the grocery store to stock up on more fish and veggies. Since I started this diet, I've become a salmon fiend. I think I had salmon at least half a dozen times this past week. Basically I make a few fillets and then have half a piece for lunch and the other half for dinner with a bunch of veggies.

Before the diet, I wasn't exactly a friend of fruits and veggies...I kind of avoided them like the plague. Now I find that I'm easily getting 5-6 servings a day, plus at least 2 litres of water as well (sometimes I get as much as 3 litres). Yes, I know I should have been doing this all along, but I just didn't.

8 comments:

kitchu said...

I so need to stop banning fruits and veggies. I've been blowing off weight watchers for like a month, and watching my money get flushed in the process. I'm such a yo-yo kind of girl. Ugh.

Adorable pic.

C's Mom said...

I love that pic.

My approach is pedaling my arse off on that elliptical. It's working but not as fast as I would like (what else is new?)

Today was too nice though...outside I was.

Polar Bear said...

That picture is GREAT!! I wonder if those mice are trained? :)

Ryan and I are kick starting our new programs today. We had a long discussion yesterday too. We'll all be eating fish and veggies together! :)

M and M said...

Great job on the water, walking and veggies!!

I have always done the water, as for the others...well there is always next week!

D & S said...

Wow, you are good! I'm going to try and take my lead from you and start with the fruits, not so much on the veggies just yet.

OziMum said...

I'd eat veggies over fish, anyday!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi-

I like your blog! Good luck with your fish and veggie diet.

Would you consider adding links to my blogs? I have two that are ‘mom resources’. One’s just a fun whatever I want to talk about blog and the other is a recipe blog. I try to stick to recipes that take 30 minutes or less.

Check them out.
http://www.socalwife.com
http://www.recipetown.com

Thanks for your time. I hope you think our blogs are compatible I’ll definitely be adding a link to you as well.

B
scvblogger@scvlife.net

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Good for you, but where is the chocolate in that diet? You NEED chocolate! :-)