Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Is he really ok? (and other ramblings)

I know that the vet said all the tests came back normal and Deuce is fine, but he doesn't seem fine.

He used his litter box overnight for both, but today he didn't want to go into his box until I picked him up and put him in it. Once I did that, he let out a big pee. Since then, he hasn't done anything. He's eating a bit, but he doesn't have his usual voracious appetite. He was a little sluggish during the day, but Josh just played with him and he was chasing his toys. I'm at a loss as to what to do.

If he's fine, then why isn't he using his box? Grah!

----------

So I was looking through Bloglines earlier and noticed that today was Johnny's last post on his blog. If he's reading this, I just want to say thank you for your blog and for helping me along my journey. It's people like him, that give me hope that there really is an "end" to this wild ride we're on.

----------

Speaking of Bloglines, I'm kind of curious about something. I've noticed over the past week or so that the number of visitors to the blog have diminished. Where I'd normally get 50 to 75+ hits a day, I've now gone down to 20 or 30. I gather that people are just reading my posts (assuming that people are reading) through Bloglines and not coming in to the actual blog itself.

Not that there's any requirement or that I'm having a pity party that people aren't visiting, I'm just curious if it's because of Bloglines...or the nicer weather so people are out and about and not reading blogs in general...or if I'm inadvertently pissed off some of you so you don't visit anymore. :P

----------

I know I haven't written the most thought provoking (or interesting) material lately...(again, I'm not fishing for comments or kudos). I'm kind of in a bit of a funk about the next, albeit rumoured, referral batch. The thought that they might not get into November is a bit of a let-down.

I swear I'm going to a huge freaking happy dance whenever they get into 2006, though at this rate, it might be VERY late 2007 before they finish 2005.

9 comments:

Johnny said...

Hey, I ain't dead. Just, uhhh, retired.

Nichole Foster said...

ve read all your posts through google reader. I hardly ever comment though so who knows if you even know I exist...lol

Nichole

Sam said...

Darn Blogger keeps crashing me!!! Sorry I haven't checked in for a couple of days. Dealing with my son's medical issues and my daughter's cold. Fun week.

Glad the kitty's tests are okay, but he sure doesn't sound like himself. When Harry (my big orange tabby) gets crystals it is awful!!! He has had them so many times now that the vet has "stretched" him so he can pass most of the crystals. We call him "the million dollar cat" because of all the vet bills he's had!

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

If all his bloodwork and stuff came back within the normal limits, then he's probably fine. Perhaps he's just westling with a bout of the flu or something. Cats are notorious for feeling sorry for themselves whenever they get sick (not unlike me...).
Keep an eye on him, though and keep monitoring his pee situation.
I think the bloger world is in a bit of a slump as of late. Probably a natural ebb in a dry spell of referrals.

Michele said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your fur baby will back to his old self soon. I know how hard it is when there is something not right and they can't tell you what hurts. Is there a chance maybe that he hurt himself somehow and has a "sprained" muscle or is he getting old and the arthritis might be starting? After having a 18 yr old cat, both of these ideas might be new possibilities to consider.

C's Mom said...

I hope Deuce is picking up speed. Now I'm worried about the dude.

I think a lot of people keep up through readers or bloglines. Summer lessens things, etc.

redmaryjanes said...

Cats are mysterious creatures. I agree though that there is something going on. The fact that he really had to go but didn't until you put him in the box is curious.

4D said...

I will miss Johnny boy too.

If you are worried, go for a second opinion. I hope he is back to normal soon.

I too am in a bit of a slump...blah blah blah. Nothing too exciting.

Keep smilin!

D & S said...

I'm glad all the tests came back fine. I agree with Kathy, I think the blog world is in a bit of a slump. Hopefully that will change soon.