Friday, April 20, 2007

Putting my detective hat on...

Since the weather was utterly gorgeous today, I decided to test out my new sneakers and went for a 40 minute walk. I passed by the house that had the garage sale last night and I swear they're starting to multiply. This time, they didn't just have the one toilet seat from last night...there were two more. If they were rabbits, I'd be really scared at this point.

I was tempted to whip out my cell phone and take a picture, but two guys who had an astounding resemblance to Lurch were standing on the porch...and I was a bit afraid of them. :P

By the way, Kathy, I told my mom about your comment and she thought it was hilarious. She said that if I would have given it to the bride, she would have said 'Thank you! How did you know our colour scheme?!' ;)

On the way back from my walk, I stopped in the grocery store and stocked up on tons of fruits and veg...woo. I think I'm going to update my weight loss on here every Thursday...assuming I remember.

When I walked in the apartment I found a package with my name and address on it ..and my return address as well. Sneaky, sneaky! I got this 'secret' package from 'someone'. I always love a good mystery, and I've already solved it. I won't say who it's from here, but thank you!

Inside the package was a very nice picture tree (I'm not sure what the exact name of it would be, so picture tree will do). Hanging on one of the 'branches' of the picture tree was a very nice quote...

...words and pictures can work together
to communicate more powerfully than either alone.

- William Albert Allard

Capture all the moments!

4 comments:

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

I'm glad you and your mom thought it was funny. Joel was astounded that I was so snarky with the comment, but I knew you would get a kick out of it.
I received a package in the mail today just like the one your received. How sweet is this person??? It put a smile on my face, for sure. :)

Polar Bear said...

What a cool mystery gift!

How scary to have multiple toilet seats. Strange.

M and M said...

Surprise packages are always a nice thing!

Where do these toilet seats come from...

C's Mom said...

Cute photo tree.

I suppose the toilet seat doesn't astound me much when I have heard of people buying stained mattresses and used bras, etc. at garage sales. Funkalicious.