Sunday, June 17, 2007

Fun in Fort Erie (part three)

As we were leaving the restaurant, we noticed a cabinet that had several different Chinese items. There were slippers, tea sets, etc., but what really caught my eye was a set of keychains that were on display.

We talked to the manager and she mentioned that her father had just returned from Beijing and brought back the keychains and she was selling them for $10.00 each. They were in their original packaging and had a price of 48 Yuan (which is approximately C$7.00). I jumped at the chance to have something authentic from the Beijing Olympics and I ended up buying one and Josh bought another.


After our walk along the Niagara River, I went back in and bought another two keychains. I'm not sure if it was Dolores or Nic that bought the other one, but I'm going to try to find the last one so I can have a complete set. I'm sure I can find it around town. :)


6 comments:

M and M said...

I like the panda one the best!

How cool that you got the chance to see these things.

redmaryjanes said...

Those are really cute. How great that you came accross them.

Anonymous said...

I have the 5th one. I didnt realize you bought all 4! You shopper you. The actual keychain part is flimsy. I wound up just taking the girl and sticking her on the ring.

4D said...

Sounds like a great time. You are so sweet for inviting us . We would have definitely made it had we been able to but it just means we have to come back soon for a longer visit!!

Love the keychains!

Keep smilin!

wzgirl said...

Those are cuuuuute! I'm going to look for one for me. I'll be in Chinatown next weekend.

D & S said...

You should've been a minute taker! Wow. It was great seeing you guys again, it's always fun.