Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I *love* Canada Post...

Excuse me while I go and giggle...

Ok, I'm back. At the end of May I ordered something off of someone's blog which is SO unlike me for a few reasons:

1) I *never* buy things online (I can almost hear C.J. gasp from here)
2) I bought something for "Little Maple" (yeah, yeah, I know I said I wouldn't be doing that, but I weakened...so shoot me).
3) I bought something online from a complete stranger in New Zealand

Anyone that knows me or has followed the blog for any amount of time knows how much I treasure my 'anonymity', so for me to do something like that is a bit shocking.

Long story short, I had to send a money order to NZ and I called up a untrained chimp clerk at the bank to find out if they did the money order and how much it would cost. The person who I called ended up putting me on hold for a good 10 minutes and I decided it would probably be faster to go into the bank than continue waiting on the phone. I went in, got up to the teller and he said it was 'no problem' and within five minutes I was out of the bank.

Anyways, getting back to why I love Canada Post...

I sent the money order (registered) to her on May 25th, just so I had the opportunity to track it, and the knowledge that it would get there...eventually. I wanted that bit of comfort so I could email her and say 'the package is on it's way', or 'it's now in New Zealand, and you should get it any day now...' That's good in theory, isn't it?

Well, every couple of days I went to the Canada Post site and typed in the tracking code (RW 148 926 082 CA) and waited for it to say 'arrived in New Zealand' or 'arrived at destination'. About two weeks ago I got an email from the woman, thanking me for the note and money order and she was working on the item in question. Buh!?

I went to the Canada Post site and it still said "International item has left Canada and is en route to destination." It's now been two weeks since she's had the envelope in her hands...and it STILL says that.

Remind me not to use registered mail again. :P

Once I get the item in the mail, I'll post a picture of it, then it's going into the depths of Narnia...err, I mean, the cedar closet, until referral. ;)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just dealt with that with your mail system with the stroller. I called and they said that they dont track packages along the way. I asked why they have a tracking thing at all on their site. They said that it is comforting to some. Weird answer. It never showed that my item made it to the states.

Catherine said...

Ooo...sounds like an exciting item! Looking forward to seeing it.

redmaryjanes said...

I can't wait to see what you ordered. Our postal system here in the USA isn't always the speediest or most accurate either.

Anthony & Crystal said...

Hopefully it is a worthwhile item!
This seems to happen all the time to me. My sister lives in the States and we send things back and forth.
And tracking the item....that's a joke!!

D & S said...

Ugh, I can relate. I've sent a package to Spain with tracking. Still waiting to see if it's there or not.

M and M said...

Can't wait to see what it is - it's gotta be good if you bought it for Little Maple!!

C's Mom said...

Uh, I'm speechless. I'm still mid gasp about no online purchases and cannot respond.