Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Our weekend adventures (part three)

We then headed into Rochester to do more shoppy goodness. Mark, Michelle and Josh went into Target, while Nic and I headed into the big mall in Rochester (whose name I've since forgotten). I ran into Macy's and I swear I bought a pair of shoes in record time. We then basically ran to Bath and Body Works so I could stock up on even more soap. After that we went to a couple more stores and then went to meet up with Michelle, Mark and Josh and hightailed it out of there so we could go and meet Tim in time for our evening cruise! We had a bit of excitement on the way as the map that Nic had was wrong and we were worried that Tim wouldn't get to the boat in time, but everything worked out just fine. Whew!

We got on a boat and went through some locks on the Erie Canal. It was a dinner cruise and it was quite lovely. There were 14 people on the cruise and our little group composed of 6 of them. We said our goodbyes and I got into Michelle's car and she drove the four of us back to the hotel.

We had a truly great time with Nic and Tim and I can't wait to see them again!

To sum up our weekend...we 'watched it wiggle' while Josh and Mark had sticky hands in the back seat of Michelle's car. Get your mind out of the gutter people...they were eating the Pop Rocks on the way back to the hotel.

10 comments:

M and M said...

I still giggle when I think about our Saturday!

Thanks for sharing a great weekend!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I think they should have one of those Bath Stores up here.....

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend! What great friends we have!

4D said...

Sounds like a fun filled weekend!

Keep smilin!

D & S said...

What a great weekend. I'm sorry I missed it. We'll have to schedule something soon.

Anonymous said...

Wow, it is like my memories come back to me when I read this.

Catherine said...

Glad you had such a great weekend! Sounds like lots of shoppy fun was had by all!

Red Sand said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Hello.. Jello...

Anonymous said...

Every time I see the words 'Erie Canal' I get a song about the Erie Canal stuck in my head.

Thanks.

:)

Cari said...

So weird -- I had never heard of the bath and body works stuff, and then when I visited a friend on the weekend, she gave me a bottle of the soap -- oh my goodness, it's awesome!! Apparently, rumour has it that one might be coming north of the border!!!
Cari