Friday, June 29, 2007

It couldn't hurt...

For those of you that remember this post, I decided to send in the following complaint to Canada Post...

To Whom It May Concern:

On May 25 I mailed a registered letter to New Zealand. The only reason that I sent the item registered was so I could track it online. The item number is RW 148 926 082 CA and it has been saying that it was en route for several weeks.

I got an email a couple of weeks ago from the person I mailed it to, saying that she was in receipt of the item, yet your site still says it's on its way.

I find it completely unacceptable that you allow packages to be tracked on your site, but when customers use the service, it does not update online. What is the purpose of sending items registered then? Had I known that the site would not be updated, I would not have sent it registered and I would have saved my money. I would appreciate a response to this.

Thank you.


I don't really anticipate a response to this, but I felt I should do *something* about it. Granted, sending items registered isn't a King's ransom, but it's the principle of the matter...

6 comments:

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

I fully support your letter writing. Remind me to show you the book I have here entitled, "Letters From A Nut". Hee-lar-ee-us!
Post the reply when you get it.

Mike, Terri and Ava said...

I have to stick up for Canada Post a little bit. Canada Post is in charge of the mail while it is in Canada. Once it leaves Canada it leaves the Canada Postal System. Because all countries use different systems it is impossible to track. The only thing do to be sure it gets to its destination is to send a response card which is mailed back to you with the signature of the person who received the mail. I think it was the postal employee who failed to tell you what happens instead they just sold you a service for the sake of the sale.
I actually work at Zellers but we are one of the few that have a post office in the store and I did some postal training.
Anyways who cares about that. Love your blog by the way.
Feel free to visit ours.
www.waiting-for-ava.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I would call them up.

polkadot said...

just found your blog/added to my faves. waiting for china right beside you. here's our adoption blog: http://shuey6.info

D & S said...

You know what, I did the same thing. I sent some of my mom's paperwork on June 11 and asked for expedited service to make sure it got to the lawyer's office in a few days and paid through the nose for it. The paperwork got there on June 27. I wrote them a letter of complaint to see if I should ask for a refund. They are now investigating for me and will get back to me in 5-15 business days.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I want to see the reply too!