Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I've fallen behind on my tags... ***UPDATE***

I got tagged again! Ack!

Little Miss Ladybird and Nic tagged me and I have to list 8 facts/habits, then four things I learned in the past four years, and finally I have to list four new things I want to try in the next four years. Whew.

8 facts/habits:

1. I don't drive, though I should rectify that before we bring "Little Maple" home.

2. I don't cook, though I can boil a MEAN pot of water. Well, that's not exactly true, I do a few dishes, but for the majority Josh spoils me with his cooking expertise. :)

3. I spend WAY too much time on the computer per day...

4. I'm addicted to Tim Horton's iced cappucino but I think I have some company in that department. While not particularly good for the diet, I...just...can't...stop...drinking...them.

5. I've got a scar on my pinky from when my brother (HI UGLY!) babysat me. He decided that it was a good idea to let me play in the tool room with a hacksaw. Double points on that one. ;)

6. I was terrible at science when I was in high school and got 70% in it in grade 10 (well, 70% if you added up both terms), though that might have something to do with the fact that the teacher was an alcoholic. He used to walk into class, reeking of alcohol at 9:00am. I remember during exam week he showed up, handed out the test papers and said he had to run down the hall to do some "photocopying" and then he came back over an hour later...smelling of alcohol and no photocopies in his hands.

7. To go with Ladybird's theme, I also went to the same high school as someone 'famous'. Two of the members of Rush went to my high school, though obviously not at the same time as me...

8. I drive Josh absolutely crazy with my karaoke singing in the car when we take any kind of road trip.

Four things I learned:

1. Over the past year Josh and I have learned that we have found the best friends in the 'blogosphere'. While I've been communicating with lots of people over the years online, Nic and Tim were actually the first I had ever met in person...not to mention all the others we have met since then. It's amazing how our ring of great friends has grown since then...

2. I've learned to give up a good chunk of control as far as the adoption goes (not that we have all that much control over the situation anyways). It's going to happen when it happens and I've learned to accept that.

3. I've learned to let things go, especially toxic situations and powertripping people. I won't go into details, but adoption is tough enough without getting into situations like that. :)

4. I've rediscovered my love of latch hooking...and I'll eventually have to make something for "Little Maple's" room.

Four things I want to try:

1. Be a mom.

2. Be a mom.

3. Be a mom.

4. Last, but not least, be a mom. :)

Oh, and if you're reading this, you're tagged too...

***Fine, be that way, Heather, I tag you! :P***

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dont cook. It is rarely worth the effort.

4D said...

Me lurves the Iced Caps too! Too good on a hot summer afternoon...or a rainy evening...or an overcast morning.

Keep smilin!

Headmeister said...

I refuse to tag myself! lol...

M and M said...

Driving is a MUST - we will go and practice!!

D & S said...

Driving is over rated.