Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day, Ugly!

Today, Josh and I went over to my brother (AKA Ugly) and sister-in-law's house to celebrate Father's Day. We had a BBQ over at their place. We all had a great time, sitting around and talking. Of course the topic of the adoption came up, and the time line.

I tried not to focus on it too much, but that never works out, so instead I spent some good quality time with my nephew Z, building puzzles. He's now up to doing 100+ piece puzzles pretty much on his own. He just needs a little bit of encouragement and a reminder to find all the 'edge' pieces first, but once he gets going, he's unstoppable. :P

While we were eating, my brother reminded me of something. He recounted the story of how I got the scar on my pinky. I wasn't playing with the hacksaw...he wanted to cut a piece of paper so he had me hold the paper and he used the garden shears. (Somehow, I don't think that makes things 'better') :P

1 comment:

4D said...

Great attitude...focus on the positive.

Keep smilin!