Friday, June 29, 2007

I'm losing my mind... ***UPDATE***

I started being a bitch (about getting my results from the MRI) last Friday and left a few messages and I also got my family doctor involved. I called up my family doctor's nurse/secretary on Wednesday, asking if they got a copy of the MRI results, and she said 'no', but said that the rheumatologist could fax it to her. I called the rhuematologist's office, left a message with my family doctor's fax number and phone number...to no avail. Over the past few days I probably left anywhere between 6-9 messages. I even had my FIL call the office (since he was the one who referred me) and ask the doctor to give him a call, and that too, went unanswered.

I got a hold of her on Wednesday (after doing call blocking) and she said that the MRI was ok and there was nothing to worry about, but the doctor wanted to see me on Friday. Umm, if nothing is wrong, why would he want to see me?

I went to the rheumatologist's office today to get results of my MRI. Since I had to wait for the appointment, as he was running behind, I decided to call the office with call blocking on. Guess what? The phone didn't ring. The bitch has the ringer turned off so it doesn't bother her...umm, what exactly does she DO there?

First thing's first...everything is fine.

Now for the bizarre thing...

He said the only thing that showed up on the MRI was an "old knee injury from 2001". There are a few things wrong with that statement:

1) I don't remember injuring my knee
2) I don't remember seeing him in 2001

I told him this and he showed me the referral note from that time. He also told me that I went for physiotherapy at the time too...I'm truly stumped. I know, this probably makes me sound really crazy, but I don't recall ANY of this.

The only time that I EVER remember going for physio was for my TMJ.

He told me that I need orthotics for my high arch, but this pain may still pop up every so often. Apparently it's referred pain from the knee injury. *shrug*

As I was leaving, I asked if he had sent a copy of the MRI results to my family doctor, and he told me "your doctor should call up the X-ray department and get a copy from them." I asked "can't your secretary simply fax them a copy?" He said "that's not her job". I'll ask again...what does she DO for him, then? ;)

***Doris, no, she doesn't snap her gum and file her nails...she probably can't multi-task.

Heather, the file WAS mine...he even had the original handwritten note from my FIL who referred me last time. Problem is, every family member I've talked to (including my FIL) has no recollection of any of this. *insert Twilight Zone music here*

Amy, Janet and Jill...yes, yes I am and the situation is.***

10 comments:

4D said...

Good stuff! Perhaps time for hypno therapy for past injury recounting...weird!

I have a vision of a chick with big hair that snaps gum and files her nails. Close?

See you tomorrow!!

Keep smilin!

Headmeister said...

Um.... what if he's reading someone else's MRI results... you know, the chick with the banged up knee that he thinks is you?

I would be livid.

Unknown said...

Id be so frustrated..Holy cow, thats odd!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

That is very....odd.

Jill and Jaap said...

Very frustrating!

"M2" said...

maybe an MRI of the head is now needed???

It took my mother lying saying she was me on the phone, hysterical accusing them of being uncaring... to get my results after 14 days thinking I had ovarian cancer. I didn't.
bitch
I switched dr.s after that.

Anonymous said...

I would get more info on this visit you didnt have. That is really odd.

I wear custom inserts in my shoes. they really do help.

C's Mom said...

Hmmm...I wonder what kind of experience she had to have to get that job.

You forgot your knee physio? I wanna know what treatment adjuncts they were using...must have been good stuff ;0)

M and M said...

Odd - very odd...

Headmeister said...

Sheesh! Are you sure his last name isn't "Bombay" and that he can't pop in and out whenever called???