Sunday, June 10, 2007

HELP! ***UPDATE***

Now that I've got your attention...

I've been getting emails and comments on the blog that my blog doesn't always load properly for everyone...or there are pop-ups. Every time *I* come to my blog I get the following error:

Warning: Unresponsive script:

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.


Personally, I have no idea how to fix this, I've looked at the code and can't see anything wrong with it. Now I know I have a few computer savvy people who read this blog, does anyone have any idea how I can fix it? Also, if this isn't the error that you're seeing, could you please leave a comment with the error/pop-up that you see? Also, whether or not you see an error, can you leave a comment with what OS (operating system) you're using and what browser? I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not...

Conversely, if you don't see an error, could you do the same? I'd like to get to the bottom of this. :)

***Ok boys and girls, Kathy is my hero...seriously. She figured out one of the errors that people have been getting. If you follow the following steps, you can get rid of the aforementioned error:

1. Type about:config in Firefox's address bar.
2. Filter down to the value for dom.max_script_run_time.
3. Change the value to something higher than the default (which is 5.) I set mine to 20.
4. Bask in interruptionless browsing!


Enjoy! If any of you are getting any other errors/popups, please let Kathy me know.***

6 comments:

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

I get the error code every time I come to your site, Rhonda. I am on a Mac using Firefox. I bet that it is one of the link boxes on your sidebar that is causing it.

Anonymous said...

I'm not getting an error...i'm using windows xp,internet explorer.
Good luck!

Cari said...

I've never received this error message -- I'm also using Internet Explorer, and Windows XP
Good luck!
Cari

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I'm not getting any problems. Hope you can get it fixed!

Anonymous said...

That is deep.

M and M said...

Glad it is all fixed!!