Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Our weekend adventures (part two)

We got up early and were ready to face the day by 8:30. We met in the hotel lobby, I got in Nic's car and Josh got into Michelle and Mark's car and Tim went in his car, and we were off! (Tim had some work to do during the day, so he had to go home after breakfast).

We started the day off by going to The Original Pancake House and had a great meal. That's one of three reasons I even go to Buffalo (Nic, pancakes and shopping). I lead a simple life. After breakfast, I wanted to do some shopping...see how those three things get intermingled?

After breakfast we went to Chico's, where I LOVE to shop. Hey, who wouldn't love a store where their largest size is a 3? Their 3 is basically the same as a 14...but I like to say that I'm a 3, it sounds so much better. I picked up some t-shirts and we were off to hit the next store.

We then went to Stein Mart where the boys did more shopping than us. Josh got himself a pair of slacks and a golf shirt and he was a happy boy. Mark, however, did better than Josh and got some nice things for himself as well.

We also hit TJ Maxx, but I was kind of disappointed with what was on display, so we didn't end up spending much time there, though there was a 'lovely' little men's jacket. When I say lovely, I mean it was something that was bright plaid...to the point that if you put a chameleon on it, it would have exploded. NAST-AY!

As it was closing in on 2:00pm, we headed to Mighty Taco for lunch. I'm not big on Mexican food, but I tried it...whatever doesn't kill you, makes you stronger...right?

Nic had mentioned the previous night at dinner that there was a JELL-O museum, which Josh and I, and Mark knew about and we wanted to go see it...for shits and giggles. That place was a HOOT.

Our "guide" through the museum was a lovely lady named Ruth. Ruth started working at the museum on the day it opened. She had some wonderful stories to tell about the JELL-O. One interesting tidbit we learned was that if you take a bowl of lime JELL-O and attach it to an EKG machine - the JELL-O will show similar 'brain waves' to that of an adult! We all went into the 'gift shop' and Michelle, Nic and I picked up Pop Rocks, but more on that later...

2 comments:

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

MMMmmmmm, PopRocks!!! I love the new Chocolate PopRocks...did ya eat any of that???

D & S said...

Did you guys ever stop to sit? Wow were you busy.