Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Questions and answers...

Last month I went to a Parent Chat that my agency put together. There is going to be another event next Monday June 11 which is going to focus purely on the wait (and the frustrations that many of us are feeling), but it's already sold out.

Long story short, I spoke to someone at my agency about doing something on the blog as far as having her answer your questions. So please feel free to leave your questions in the comment section and she will *try* to answer them as best she can. Please be respectful as she is doing this as a favour to me in her spare time. I have already made her a 'team member' so she can write her responses as her own post, if she so wishes...otherwise, she might just answer your questions in the comments section. I'll leave that up to her. :)

8 comments:

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

BRILLIANT! Thanks Rhonda and Donna for doing this for us!!

1. Is CB one of the agencies on the pay to view section of the CCAA website? If so, are they willing to share what they know openly with their members? If they are not on the pay to view section, why not?

2. Considering the extended timelines for China (we are now beyond "extended" when we are, in essence considering a three + year wait) is there any way the Ministry of Child and Youth Services would consider allowing interim adoptions? If so, in what context?

Thanks for any info you can provide! This is so cool!

"M2" said...

We hear so much conflicting information as to WHY the wait has quadrupled. I would like to know if the wait is such due to a lack of orphaned infants. Has China changed this dramatically in the past year that there no longer is a great need for families in the NSN program?

Thanks so much

M and M said...

Wow - Thanks Rhonda so much for organizing this!!

Kathy's questions are GREAT as are Secret Agents.

I will check back for answers. I can't think of a question at this particular moment.

Cari said...

Thanks for doing this Rhonda -- I think Kathy and Joel's questions apply to me too, (except for the CB thing - I'm with FOI).
Why is the wait so long now and is there any way to forsee a possible speed up?
Cari

Anonymous said...

I appreciate this opportunity to ask!

In most business arrangements, if one party is not pulling their weight, we question them. I read over and over that agencies never question the CCAA.

I would like to know, how bad will the wait get until agencies (I guess this one specifically) pick up the phone and specifically ask "What is going on?"

It concerns me that all agencies are just taking on new clients without clear information from the other party involved (CCAA)

PaulaBrett said...

This is great Rhonda. I will be there next Monday but love the questions that are popping up on here.
I think (don't quote me) that at the last Parent Chat someone said that you can do Interim Adoptions but it must be Domestic. I think there is also a time frame that must be between ages of the children. Maybe Donna knows the correct answer on this one.

4D said...

You rock Rhonda!

I am in Qc but my question in general is what is the end game? Meaning, is it going to 24? 36? Stabilizing?

Keep smilin!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

What a FANTASTIC idea!!!!