Friday, June 08, 2007

Get thee to a penitentiary !

Well, well, well...it looks like everyone's not so favourite heiress, Paris Hilton, is on her way back to jail.

I know some of you aren't going to like that picture, but damn it, she did something VERY serious. Not only did she drink and drive, she then drove with a suspended license. For those of you who haven't been following the story, I'll give a bit of the background drama-rama...

Apparently a few months ago, Paris got a DUI, was told not to drive and then drove anyways. Her 'excuse' was that her publicist told her it was 'ok' to drive with a suspended license. Personally, I don't buy that. She then went on to say that she 'gets lots of mail and doesn't necessarily read it all'. Umm, riiiiight. She also said that she 'signs lots of things, but doesn't read it'. Umm, ok? If you're charged with something serious, and I don't care who you are...you bloody well read AND understand it before you sign it.

Fast forward to this week when she started her prison sentence. First of all, her sentence was supposed to be 45 days, then it was commuted to 23 days for good behaviour. How do you get 'good behaviour' BEFORE you get into the cell? I'll let you all ponder that for a moment...

So she went in on Sunday (past midnight, so really it was Monday), then was released early Thursday (around 2:00am). At most she should get three days knocked off her sentence, but whatever...different strokes for different folks.

Her lawyer argued that she needed to be released because of 'health reasons', which of course they can't tell the media because of doctor-patient confidentiality. Niiiiice. It was since reported that her 'health reason' was that she was 'close' to having a 'nervous breakdown'. If she was ANYONE else, she would be sent to the prison hospital and be seen there.

Anyways, the judge got wind of it that the sheriff released her to serve the remainder of her sentence under 'house arrest' and ordered her back to court this afternoon. There was a bit of a kerfuffle as Paris wanted to 'phone in' her appearance instead of actually going to court. The judge demanded that she appear and sent the police to her house to haul her ass into court...handcuffed.

VERY long story short, she's now been sent back to prison to serve the remainder of her sentence...the entire 40 days remaining.

13 comments:

jaimie said...

and OH, how i am...

jaimie said...

glad, that is. :)

4D said...

Snap!

Sucks to be her.

Keep smilin!

J said...

Actually, I was thinking about this cynically. The Sheriff who released her has everyone mad at him. But, when he runs for re-election.....he's got a network of people who will thrown him fundraisers and this hoopla will be forgotten.

But that's just me thinking on negatively on US politics. Sadly.

Anonymous said...

Ah, nothing like a little insanity this day.

Christie said...

Somebody call the "waaaaahhhhhh-bulance" for Paris. She drives me crazy - nothing like a little heiress crying "special treatment" to make me want to gag.

Whatever P! If you do the crime, you gotta do the time! No pity!

Now I'm cracking myself up -

Cheers!

wzgirl said...

Ya know - as sad as that picture is (I'll bet that those cuffs were binding) - she's really got to serve the sentence. I seriously doubt she'll have an actual nervous breakdown but do hope that the stress/emotion/regret that she's feeling will put an end to the DUIs. Ridiculous.

PS - Now I don't have to buy an US mag, b/c you got me all caught up here. Thx.

Anonymous said...

I think the sherrif who let her out won't need to find any extra funds to add to his re-election campaign. I figure someone slipped him an "incentive".

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I am SO sick of Paris Hilton. If she was drinking and driving she deserves to be in JAIL!!!!

Pug Mama said...

AGGGHHHHHH!!! Your blog always locks up my computer!!!
As far as PH - good riddance!

D & S said...

I was hoping with her going to jail we wouldn't have to deal with her mug all over the place but it's only gotten worse! Glad she's back in jail though. She could've killed someone for crying out loud!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

At least Paris is making me forget about the 'wait'... do the crime, do the time... regardless of who you are... Fliss

Red Sand said...

I'm late to respond, but I'm glad to see you keeping us up to date ;)