Wednesday, March 21, 2007

AI, dinner and WTF?!

I'm starting to wonder, are people voting for Sanjaya because they're getting tired of the show, so they will just vote for the absolutely worst singer...ever? Or are people paying attention to this site? In a way it's kind of amusing that they're keeping him on the show.

You know now, of course, that he's going to be touring when the Top 10 does their travelling sideshow. Does anyone actually go to see that? I mean, I watch the show and all, but I wouldn't pay money to watch it live. Maybe that's just me?

Like last week, I won't say who was voted off, just in case you all haven't seen it yet. I have to say though, I was a little surprised who it was. This person CAN sing, while last night might not have been their best performance...they are impressive. Oh well.

--

Anyways, we all went out for dinner tonight to Kelsey's. I didn't count how many of us were at the table, but there were probably about 20 or so. Granted, we were a big group, but oh dear lord it took FOREVER to get them to take our orders and have it delivered to the table. If a restaurant can't serve big groups, they shouldn't take the reservation! The waitress couldn't handle the group and it was PAINFULLY obvious when she brought out one drink at a time.

Seriously.

One. Drink. At. A. Time.

My mom, who isn't one to sit around and wait for poor service, spoke to the manager who then came over to our table and took orders herself. I think Z got frustrated in his own right and walked around the table with his placemat and a crayon trying to take orders himself. He walked all around the table, asking everyone what they wanted, pretended to write it down...and he got finished while the waitress and manager were still taking orders. He's too cute. :)

We got there for 6:30 and pretty much everyone was there by 6:45 or so. We placed our drink orders, talked, ordered our meals and everyone finally got their food at 8:00. I'm sorry, but that's just ridiculous! Especially when there are little kids at the table.

Everyone gave L her presents and we all had a great time, exclusive of the restaurant...

--

Josh found this article and I thought I should pass it along to all of you. Hanging is too good for this guy.

6 comments:

redmaryjanes said...

I'm glad to hear that the dinner went well, despite the restaurant. I think it's hilarious that you actually had to take your own order...
I read that baby formula article, what a dirtbag moron.

Polar Bear said...

Wow! That is ridiculous. Happy to hear it was fun even though you had to wait!

Going back to read the article.

4D said...

We had a similar experience at that restaurant. Have not gone back to that particular restaurant then as the service was beyond awful.

That is a scary story. What a sleaze!

Keep smilin!

M and M said...

Gosh - you have not had much restaurant luck lately!!

I hope things improve for you.

stardeo said...

HA! You watch/follow AMERICAN Idol yet rib me about watching Star Trek.

So Kelsey's isn't clever with large groups. Glad diner wasn't completely ruined. (Your mom sounds awesome, too. Give 'em what for!)

D & S said...

I've had similar experiences there so I feel for all of you.

I don't get what's going on with AI. That's crazy.