Saturday, March 17, 2007

Recalled pet foods

I was over at my in-laws for dinner last night and my FIL mentioned that there was a big pet food recall, but he couldn't remember which brands were affected. We mentioned the ones that we feed Deuce, and thankfully they didn't sound familiar to him.

This morning I saw Kathy's recent post about recalled pet foods, which lists all the brands and foods affected. If you have pets, please take a moment and look at the following links.

News story
Cat foods affected
Dog foods affected

If you want to copy/paste any of these links on to your blog, go ahead. The more people that know about it, the better.

7 comments:

Coulrophobia said...

i saw the same story and almost had a heart attack when the mentioned "science diet". i do on occasion feed my cats the wet "science diet" when i have run out of the vet prescribed food.
they all seem fine, thank goodness. lord knows, i could have gone to cuba for 2 weeks for the money i spent at the vets on sick animals this year.

Anonymous said...

Man, is this world ever going to be safe?

Polar Bear said...

Thanks for posting this. I am going to check the list.

Dannye said...

thanks for the post, we can't be too careful about our loved ones...

Kristine said...

Thank goodness we make our own kitty food!!! Our old girl couldn't take anything else!!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I saw this on the news. I don't feed my animals wet food, but I would have been scared if I did! I was at Wal-Mart today and saw a lady go by with a HUGE basket of the wet food they were getting rid of. I thought...."Good Riddance!" Yikes.

stardeo said...

No wonder my cat hates his food.