Friday, March 23, 2007

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Captain Sarcasm*

So, I was tootling around on gmail and, you know those ads that pop up along the top? Well one came up for this with the tagline "Your milk band reminds you which breast to nurse from by flipping it inside out!" (Talk about butchering the English language...you almost wonder what you have to turn inside out...)

Well, me being me, I had to go to the site...now I'm going to have night terrors tonight.

When I told a friend of mine, D, about it he replied "It's really funny that gmail is serving you ads about breastfeeding because you're 'having a baby'. Yeah, adopting a baby you f***ing creepy email reading robot..." which I thought summed up my feelings on the subject QUITE nicely.

While I have never breastfed since, well, I don't have any children but...wouldn't you kind of KNOW or FEEL which breast you had just breastfed from...or which one you would need to breastfeed from next?

*Now, please bear in mind that this post is totally written tongue firmly planted in cheek and I'm not talking about adoptive breastfeeding...there are entire forums filled with information on that. I know that people feel really passionately about this topic and I don't mean to put anyone off by joking about it.

Hmm, I wonder what kind of weird hits I'm going to get on the blog tonight...I think I'm going to go hide...

5 comments:

redmaryjanes said...

I am busting up! I have breastfed 3 children and never used a milk ring to clue me in on which one to offer up next. I can't wait to see your comments though.

C's Mom said...

Okay...that was weird...I was wondering how one flipped their breasts inside out too.

I was scared for a moment. I'm even in the biz and was afraid.

As for the bands. Clever little marketing ploy. They are seeking the newly delivered, sleep-deprived with the residual of pregnancy brain. I've seen people slap a sticker on one side of their bra or take a safety pin side-to-side on the strap. Okay, fine. But a bracelet so everyone can decide which one looks like it's gonna blow next?

Lisa said...

Hey Rhonda thanks for making me laugh. I think it's safe to come out from hiding. So far there's nothing being thrown at you.

I was also "busting" up as I was trying to invisualize how one would turn their breast inside out. I'm sure in this crazy world there IS soneone who could do it. I'm just not sure I would want to learn how myself.

I wonder if the little bands are made like the little hard plastic milk bag tabs. You know the ones like bread ties with an expiry date on them. If they are all I can say is OOOOUCH!

M and M said...

Yes, I too was wondering about turning the breast inside out!

The degradation of the language never ceases to amaze me!

"M2" said...

I just freaked out