Sunday, March 18, 2007

It's not easy being green...

Last night Josh and I made a little trek out to Dolores and Shawn's place so we could celebrate his birthday and St. Patrick's Day as well. A fun time was had by ALL!

Michelle was there, sans Mark, as he had a bit of a head cold. Poor guy. We also met Lisa, Craig, and their daughter K. Their daughter was an absolute delight and she was kept quite busy at the cookie decorating station. I haven't visited their blog before, but I'll have to add it to my favourites.

We all stood around the kitchen talking (about adoption, of course), and we listened intensely to Lisa and Craig reminisce about their first trip to China. They're getting close to referral with a December 05 LID.

The amusing part of the evening is that it was St. Patrick's Day and all the A-parents were wearing some shade of red. It figures.

11 comments:

C's Mom said...

I am mucho jealous of that Canuck support group ya got going there ;0)

Nah, no complaints, life is grand here but I would like to make some of those Canada get togethers!

Rhonda said...

C.J.

It's really amazing how tight-knit the A-community is here. It's one of the added benefits. When I first started blogging, I never imagined that it would become what it has and that we'd meet such great people.

D & S said...

I'm so happy you were both able to make it. I'm glad you had a good time. It's always nice to be able to get together with friends to celebrate something nice.

M and M said...

It was great to see you again last night and get a chance to talk with a smaller group. Sometimes when there are too many people, you don't get to talk to anyone.

I thought it was very funny that we were all wearing red!!

We are all so lucky to have each other to pass the time with!

Anthony & Crystal said...

Great that you got together......
Support makes this time go that much faster.
Happy St. Patty's Day

redmaryjanes said...

How great that you got to meet Dolores and Shawn! They seem so very nice.

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

I'm so sorry we had to miss last night's party! You could have made it sound really horrible so that I could have at least taken some solace in that I missed a crappy party. Oh well...next time!

LaLa said...

I hope you all pinched each other then...just like my girl in purple LOL Such fun hanging out I am sure!

Polar Bear said...

How fun that you were all together. The cookie station sounds like a blast!

Dannye said...

how funny, sounds like you guys had a ball!!!

4D said...

Sounds like a super night!

Keep smilin!