Thursday, March 15, 2007

How not to cut a bagel... ***UPDATE***

Yesterday, after my 'lovely' adventure getting my ankle X-rayed, I went home, relaxed a little and made lunch. Seems simple enough, right?

Not so much.

I was cutting my bagel and I cut a *BIT* too far...into my left middle finger...to the point that I threw the knife down, had to cup my right hand under my left and run to the washroom to wash off the blood. Yes, that's me, I'm a klutz.

While the picture doesn't look like much, believe me, it was painful and bled for a good few minutes. I have another picture, more of a close-up that doesn't look too purty, but I decided not to post that. You can also see where I decapitated my fingernail on the freaking transcriber...

In other news, I'm about to pass 11,000 hits...probably as soon as I press "publish". ;)

***Well, it seems that Dolores got the 11,000 hit. I'm finding that I get 1,000 hits every two weeks. Not too shabby, if I do say so myself.***

10 comments:

D & S said...

Yikes! I hope things start to turn around soon.

Sam said...

OW!!!! Maybe you should avoid sharp objects for a while?!

C's Mom said...

Ouch! Sorry bout the wayward knife.

Nice mani though...despite the amputation.

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

We may soon have to hire a nanny to watch over you so that you do not hurt yourself any longer. For the love of God...be careful! ;)

Stephanie said...

Are you a hand model?? Your fingers look so long and slender. And those finger nails are so long and lovely!! Sans the decapitated one of course. How do you type with those??

4D said...

Ouchie! Have Josh cut your bagels from now on.

Your nails & hands are lovely!

Keep smilin!

Polar Bear said...

Yikes! I am sure that hurt! I read one time the emergency rooms see more hand cuts from people cutting bagels than any other cut. A tidbit of useless info for you. :)

I guess that is three: your ankle, fingernail, and the cut. Everything happens in threes. You are finished. :) (I know the fingernail is pushing it, but why not try it.) LOL

redmaryjanes said...

I'm not surprised at all over how many hits you get. I love coming to your blog!

Anonymous said...

Ouch. That probably didnt feel very good.

M and M said...

I think you should look into the pre cut bagels - they are much safer!!

11,000 hits! WOW!!