Wednesday, March 14, 2007

What I did on summer vacation this morning...

So I took all your advice and went to have the X-ray on my ankle this morning. I went up to the counter, gave my information and waited...

and waited...

and waited some more. After half an hour or so, I noticed that a couple people went in ahead of me, but I figured they were going in for more serious things, so I let it go and took out my trusty Sudoku book.

After finishing four puzzles, I looked at my watch and another half hour had passed. I went up to the window and the receptionist said 'you're still here?' Umm yeah.

I asked her what the hold up was, and I gather that they forgot about me or my file was misplaced. She went to the back and called for me and I was seen right away.

I got up on the X-ray table and the technician started moving my ankle around and said 'does this hurt?' After I stopped wincing in pain, he said 'oh, then I won't have you move it like that', and I said 'that's a good plan...'.

Which reminded me of a story when my brother (Ugly) broke his finger when he was much younger. He went to the doctor, he waggled it and said 'does this hurt?' What do YOU think? Broken finger...waggling it...ouch?

But I digress...

He took one of the X-rays, came back and moved my ankle again and this time it made another loud cracking sound, and he said 'that must have hurt.' It was on the tip of my tongue to reply 'no sh!t sherlock', but I held back. Anyways, all the X-rays were done and I now I get to wait for results.

I'm sure it's nothing and I'll keep you posted... :)

10 comments:

redmaryjanes said...

It busts me up how you call your brother Ugly.
Seriously though, I'm glad that you went and I do want to hear what is wrong.

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Good for you for going in and getting that foot checked. Hopefully nothing too pressing will show up on those x-rays.

4D said...

Good to hear that you got it checked. I am hoping it is nothing too serious!

Keep smiln!

Polar Bear said...

Ouch! The technician sounds like a really smart fellow!

Hope you get good results back.

Cari said...

Yikes - I hope you're okay soon- don't you love the medical profession??
Cari

M and M said...

I hope all is well with Snap, Crackle AND Pop!

C's Mom said...

I would have precisely said "no shit, sherlock" but that's my kinda game....I was giving a gal a way to go about using a horridly low drug dose to treat a patient today and her eyes got large and round when I said: "That dose is as much good as pissing in the ocean"....oops. But, my point was clear. At least I smiled with the delivery ;0)

spitgirl said...

I'd be more worried about that bruise that showed up further away, if you didn't bump yourself.

D & S said...

I'm glad you went. Hopefully it's nothing but best to get it checked out when in doubt.

Sam said...

I hate when techs act that way!! It's not just with adults either. You should hear about some of the crap both of my kids have gone through (and myself as a child)! YIKES!! Hope you get answers soon.