Friday, March 16, 2007

*BOING*

(Thank you for the nice comments about my nails...and no, I'm not a hand model, and as far as typing I do it...very carefully. Kathy, can I take you up on the nanny anyways?)

I went to the manicurist this morning so she could decapitate the rest of my nails.
For the past couple of months she has had a donation box on her table for a cat rescue and this morning I noticed that the box was missing. She still had her flyers up, mind you, but the box was gone.

I decided to ask her what happened. She told me that she had a new customer come in who was very friendly and affable, but the manicurist had to leave right after she was finished. The new customer paid her by cheque, the manicurist left and the customer waited for her nails to dry. I think you can see where this is going...

The new customer took the donation box. The manicurist isn't sure how much money she had in there, but she probably had quite a bit. I felt SO bad when she told me this. The other part of the story is that the new customer's cheque went...

*BOING*

Talk about a class act. Not only did she steal the box, she also 'stole' services.

Though really, I don't think I would have accepted a cheque from a new client that nobody knows. If it was a new client who had been referred by someone, then I would have taken it. This is not to say that the manicurist was in the wrong, but unfortunately, she's now learned her lesson. :(

When the cheque bounced, she tried to trace it through the bank, but they couldn't find the woman. I don't have all the details, but apparently she used cheques where you fill in your name at the top. So the bank has no record of this person whatsoever. Nice, huh?

6 comments:

4D said...

There is a special place down there for people like that. Makes me ill to hear of things like that.

Keep smilin!

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

I agree wholeheartedly with Doris. I have very little patience for those who steal from the helpless in our society (the animal rescue, not manicurists).
Geez, how low can one possibly get?

Polar Bear said...

I really don't understand people sometimes. I don't get how a mind like that works.

C's Mom said...

Wow - that stinks.

I sometimes think I am a totally naive geek because I cannot even fathom trying to pull something like that off much less doing it.

Lower than snake balls, I tell ya!

redmaryjanes said...

That is terrible! Unfortunately, there are people like that.

OziMum said...

What?!!! Some people... grrr.... that just makes me so mad!!!