Monday, March 12, 2007

*Snap* *Crackle* *Pop* ***UPDATE***

Somehow, about two months ago I hurt my left ankle. I don't know what I did, I certainly don't remember hurting it in any fashion, but it's been quite painful. It snaps, crackles and pops whenever I move it around and at times it feels like it's locked. It's a really weird feeling...especially when I get out of bed in the morning and put my foot down, the first thing I hear is...

*CRACK*

Anyways, I went to the doctor a month ago and he said 'it's just a bad sprain/strain and it will clear up soon'. Yeah ok.

I went back again today because something freaky happened a few days ago. The pain in my ankle was particularly bad on Wednesday, so I took an Aspirin. Nothing weird about that, right?

Well the following day I had horrible pains in my right leg. Really sharp, stabbing pains that didn't go away for about a day. On Friday, I noticed I had bruising on my leg. The pain subsided somewhat, but I was concerned about what was going on. I noticed that this happened on a previous occasion when I took Aspirin, but at the time I didn't think much of it, other than thinking it was 'odd'.

This time I went to the doctor and he said 'so don't take Aspirin'. I felt like saying, 'Gee, thanks for that advice...as if I hadn't thought of that ALL on my own', but I held my tongue. He told me to take Tylenol for the pain and that I have a sensitivity to Aspirin. He also gave me a requisition to get an X-ray, but I haven't decided if I'm going to bother doing it or not. I probably should though.

Have any of you ever heard of such a thing? I know that Aspirin, obviously, is a blood thinner, but this is a bit ridiculous...

***E, there was no bruising when I hurt my ankle. I just woke up one morning and it hurt. Personally I think I'd be better off if I went to a vet instead.***

10 comments:

C's Mom said...

That sensitivity is actually not all that unusual.

Follow up on that crunchy extremity!

Anonymous said...

Bone spur? I dont know. But if you need a reality check, it has been a while. You said it hurt the last time we were up there. . .

4D said...

Odd definitely. Try to get a 2nd opinion. You don't want it to be an issue later on in life.

Keep smilin!

Polar Bear said...

I agree with Connie and Doris, you better follow-up on that. At least get a second opinion with a doctor that has a little more bedside manner. Geesh!

Hope it get better.

redmaryjanes said...

I'm a little concerned over the shooting pains and bruising. I would get the x-ray done and have it looked at by someone else.

spitgirl said...

I have snap, crackle, and pop in both of my ankles due to past sprains. In fact, the one time the doctor thought I had broken my ankle, I was walking on it -without- any pain. I'd get the X-ray anyway, just to be sure.

spitgirl said...

btw - was there a lot of bruising with your sprain?

D & S said...

I've heard of bone spurs, I think I might have one too. I think you should get the xray done just to be sure.

M and M said...

Wow - your Doctor could sure use some lessons in customer service!

I hope you are feeling better soon.

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Yuck! Hope you start to feel less snap crackle and pop soon. If you need the number of our vet, let me know. :)