Saturday, March 24, 2007

Pi pie ***UPDATE***

Josh and I went to the supermarket today, to get a few things for Passover. Our big shopping trip though is next week and I DON'T want to think about how nucking futs busy it's going to be in the supermarket. Seriously, for the non-Jewish readers, the carnage is something akin to going into a toy store with 5 minutes to go before the stores close on Christmas Eve.

Anyways, as we were perusing the aisles, I noticed they had the candles that we use for our LIDiversary* cakes. I decided to bite the bullet and get the rest of the candles we'll need for the rest of our wait.

When we got to the cashier he looked at me like the RCA dog and quizzically asked, "Why do you need so many candles?!" Since I didn't feel like explaining our reasons, I shot back, "Oh we're baking a pie for a mathematician friend and we're putting candles representing pi on it." He said "Wow, that's so creative!" I just smiled back...

*For new readers who might not know about this, check out this link which explains why we have LIDiversary cakes.

***C.J., we originally only bought candles 2 through 6 (and we had planned on getting 7-9 at a later date, since that's how long we naively thought the wait would be). We got a bunch more, plus a second 1 and a second 2. I still refuse to get the second 3...***

13 comments:

C's Mom said...

Me lurves the picture of the cowpie.

Uh...how many candles, precisely, did you buy? I'm hoping you're gonna have extras!

M and M said...

I am REALLY hoping that you don't need that second 2!!

Polar Bear said...

Quick comeback! I wouldn't have been able to come up with that one. Very clever!

You WON'T need that second two.

Catherine said...

What a great story about your engagement and why you celebrate with cake. Yummm!!! Everything tastes better with cake.

Lisa said...

Awww. How cool was that how Josh popped the question. I love that you're carrying the cake tradition to your daughter. Don't buy the second 2. I'm praying that you won't need it.

Lisa ;-)

C's Mom said...

Whew...I was picturing second 3s....thanks for clarifying. I was gonna have to set up an intervention if you had gotten that candled-up.

Cari said...

You guys are hilarious!!! DON'T buy that 2!! I don't think we'll need it! (ok, so I'm in a rare, hopeful mood today...)
(by the way, I read the reason for the cake post -- how cute is that story?!??!)
Love the PI pic-- you rock.

Cari the sprout

D & S said...

I hear ya' about the carnage. It does get really scary doesn't it?

I agree with everyone else. Don't buy the other two.

redmaryjanes said...

That is hilarious about the store clerk. Hang in there! I'm hoping you won't break into the second 3 too.

4D said...

Good answer! You are a quick gal!

Keep smilin!

Sam said...

I guess if you ask a stupid question, you deserve the answer you get!!! Hope you won't need that 2!!!

t~ said...

I hope the second 2 is for 12, not 21....I'll lose my mind if we hit the 20 month phase.

Very clever comeback though! Now I need to go check your LID....I'm wondering about the 2's.
;0)

Red Sand said...

points for creative thinking on the fly!